We had free accommodation with a friend near Columbia University so we spent Saturday wandering the streets of the upper west side (or something like that...) We ate a Tom's restaurant, made popular from its exterior appearances in Seinfeld. Katie and I bought massive earrings from a street vendor. When she asked if they were too big, he said, "Girl, you a big girl you can pull it off!" The things people say to tall people... And in a city what better idea than to take pictures!! I like this one of Jeanette at Columbia.
Saturday night we went to see Wicked on Broadway!! Witch rocked :) It was fun to dress up and be in the hustle and bustle of the city at night. Katie, Jeanette, and I are all avid Wicked fans so we were able to sing along and annoy all the people sitting around us. Be jealous that you weren't there!
Sunday was filled with more eating and wandering (both popular trends in my life these days). We went to an awesome Vegan restaurant in the Village and then I spent the afternoon at a cozy bookstore reading about GMOs- depressing. I figured grad school deserved at least some part of my weekend. Then my good friend A-M-Y met up with me near Soho to catch up on the last 2 years of our lives. What a whirlwind! Instead of taking the metro back uptown, I decided to wander the streets alone at night. Always a good idea despite what your parents may tell you. It started to snow as I was walking and the city looked awesome against the hazy night sky.
We ended the weekend at a Korean BBQ where I ate a lot of food, most of which I don't know what it was. But it tasted good! Who knew a BBQ could be so veggie friendly! Then we caught the Monday morning bus back to DC, complete with Wifi internet and movies that are still in theatre. I guess it wasn't quite like Costa Rica after all...
More fun city pics here!
0 comments:
Post a Comment