Monday, November 2, 2009

There's no such thing as the REAL world.

I have a job. It's a tough realization that I have to go to work 5 days a week. This photo here is the highly outdated building where I now spend a majority of my time. Oh, THE HUD.




I am working on a program called Neighborhood Stabilization. In a nut shell, I give out recovery act money to struggling neighborhoods to help mitigate the effects of the foreclosure crisis. And I get to give them extra points if they include green building principles! :)

Being a grown up means that I stare at a computer all day at work. And therefore, I have been neglecting my beautiful little mac as well as the blog I write on it because it's often the last thing I want to look at when I come home. Having a job has forced me to learn the importance of the days of the week. As a student, it all just blended together. A weekend didn't matter as much when I only had class 3 days a week. But now...I LOVE the weekend! I try to take advantage of every minute of my time off and explore DC...(or explore my pillows and television).

Here a few pics from my favorite excursions...

The buried man at the National Harbor:



Labor day weekend excursion to visit MAY and her family at Cape Cod. Her parents were visiting from Vancouver, and her soon to be in laws :) were more than hospitable. We went to the beach, drank lots of good beer, visited the Skanky-light-house...



...and took a day trip to Nantucket! (Dargyle central, except for us of course!) We cruised around on awesome mopeds, went to Cisco brewery, bought t-shirts, and ate ice cream. And the perfect weather just added to a GREAT weekend! More pics here.





Other photo-less weekend highlights include trips to Difficult Run (a semi clean little river that flows into the Potomac where you can swim, climb, and play in waterfalls), Jazz at the sculpture garden, and going shopping once or twice...(or maybe a little more. After all, I have to dress like a grown up now).

Overall, it's has been 2+ months full of change and new beginnings (the best one being my new pay check :) ) And despite everything I was told would happen once I finally left school, turns out that I still don't know what it means to be "grown up" or in the "real world". And I think I like it that way :)

1 comments:

ACE said...

miss you. glad everything is going smoothly now that you've hit the 'real' world!