The travel bug that is.
I am sitting here writing about challenges to peace after a three week class looking at peace and conflict concepts and examples from around the world. And tomorrow, I am off to Tortuguero, the northeastern part of Costa Rica, full of canals and turtles! The town is only accessible by boat and it is the #1 nesting sight for green turtles. Two of the roomies and I are headed up there tomorrow to celebrate Costa Rican independence day while we witness the egg laying process of the turtles.
You would think I would be content with life? Well, in a way I am...being that I love my school, classes, friends, family, living situation, etc, etc. but I can't stop dreaming about my next adventure! I am planning India in June...and now I want to add Egypt and Rwanda to the list. It is wrong to take out a student loan for travel? I am looking for a way to combine my desire to travel with something that will benefit people and societies. Perhaps cross cultural exchanges of enviornmental education and resource development...anyone want to come with? I am looking for a question asker so I don't have to do it :)
Anyways, back to life in the present.... this weekend a few friends from the ranch came to visit. They helped me teach some UPeacers my new favorite card game...which I recommend you all learn. There are about 5 pages of rules, but its so worth it! And this is coming from the girl who doesn't really like games...If you want to give it a go, check out the rules here, under the Maui addiction section of this newsletter.
Happy gaming.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment