Back in CC, Cristina and I got to work on our Sustainable Forest Management presentation. What's a presentation without costumes? We found some short overalls in a local used clothing store and paired them will large rubber boots and signs indicating which type of forest management we practiced. We then acted out a skit of conflict between conventional and sustainable forest managers. It was epic. And after the presentation, someone asked me where I bought the shortalls I was wearing (which I thought were hideous) so I gladly gave them to her. Check my random act of kindness off the list for that day!
We also had some tree cut out masks from the environmental club's environmental education program so we made the class be our forest and wear the large, green tree masks during the skit. Also epic!
After the presentation, I was about to sink into a week of relaxation, but then got wrapped up in applying for a Presidential Management Fellowship for a career in public service with the federal government. So I have been slaving away at resume and personal statement writing, my least favorite kind of writing ever. So after wrapping that up tonight, it's off to a hot tub potluck at a friends house! Word on the street is that the debates will be broadcast on a big screen while we soak our troubles away. Could get interesting with the diversity that is UPeace...
After the success of my Gang Green t-shirt, I am working on a new t-shirt design for UPeace apparel. With my limited graphic design experience, this is proving to be tricky and frustrating at times, but I am thinking the end result will be worth it! My theme is to use the word peace in many different languages to create some sort of peace-like shape....still working out the kinks.
0 comments:
Post a Comment