Monday, January 19, 2009

Livin the Dream

As my mom keeps reminding me, I am so LUCKY to be in DC at this exciting time. I am doing my best to make the most of inauguration weekend while surviving the insanity. While the big event is not till tomorrow, I have had plenty to keep me busy this weekend! The We are One concert was a huge highlight! Being on the mall with 500,000 other excited and enthusiastic people was exhilarating. Especially when Obama spoke! It was amazing to see how quite that many people could get. My friend and I were a ways back in the crowd, wandering around and enjoying the spectacle, but still able to get an awesome view of the whole scene and the jumbo TV.

Me and Obama.


Gorky and I on the outskirts of the crowd taking pictures. We wandered around like this for about 15 minutes, and people were taking pictures of us, and then asking me to take a picture of the crowd for them. We might be famous now.

The view I got from my prime seat!


Crazy protesters. My roomie started a good booing session. I think they are picketing to the wrong crowd. Go Home.


Jackie and I hanging out with Obama in the Walnut kitchen. I guess he is doing house calls these days.

So the real festivities start tomorrow and you can expect more amazing pictures (I do have tickets to inauguration by the way!!!) We are also capturing some amazing videos but unless I get really technologically savvy in the next few days, you might have to wait and see them in person!

1 comments:

Annie & Jason said...

Have such a wonderful time. I will be thinking of you as I teaching my preschoolers this morning. And yes, I do hope to have a TV in my room but I have a feel the kindergarten teachers might havet stolen it! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!