We spent two more days in Tamarindo. First, we crossed the estuary dividing Tamarindo from Playa Grande and walked up Playa Grande for about an hour to a few other almost deserted beaches. They were beautiful. Being three, fun loving girls, we managed to entertain ourselves for hours with a gorilla pod (Thx A!) and the self timer button.
Then we found the one and only bar on the beach and had a sip before trekking back home. We spent another night cooking dinner and heading out on the town. The next, and our last day in Tamarindo we decided to do nothing. It was awesome. It is hard to imagine vacation being exhausting but ours definitely was! I made my second attempt at reading Atlas Shrugged and now I love it. I can't put it down. I have even been risking car sickness on the bus rides to read a few extra pages.
We left Tamarindo in a cute little Peugeot rental car with our neighbor Ben. He drove us to Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna. We hiked to and swam in a waterfall, saw a Pizote, watched the volcano spew steam by day and lava by night, and played crazy games at the hostel we camped at. The next day we took a walk near the volcano and I attempted to heal myself from the cold I aqquirred by taking lots of naps in my tent. Mission successful. That night, two of our UPeace friends showed up at the hostel so we swapped travel adventures and advice before parting the next morning. We took a jeep, boat, jeep to the Monteverde Cloud Forest. We found a great hostel to camp at and made plans with the local guides. Cristina and I booked bus tickets to Nicaragua for spring break which was a 2 hour ordeal. I might be learning something about patience down here. The next morning we went on a canopy tour. This included about 3 hours of zip lining through the forest, a Tarzan swing, and a skywalk bridge trail through the forest. It was beautiful, exhilarating, and pretty darn fun.
This morning, we caught an early bus back to San Jose and are now safely back in CC recovering, doing laundry, and preparing for our next adventure which starts on Sunday. So thats my last week in a wrap and I'd love to hear how you are all doing so feel free to email!
Highlighted 83 moment visual description available here.
0 comments:
Post a Comment