The next day we took of for Mal Pais and Santa Teresa to get Jackie into the surfing mode. We had a rough two days of surfing, sunsets, rum and mango juice, and laying out on the beach. Once our knees were too bruised to continue surfing, we hopped over to the other side of the peninsula to go to the waterfalls in Montezuma. We found an amazing little hotel right on the beach and full of awesome travelers for us to meet. And they were all ski bums from Colorado on their summer break. I am wondering what I am doing in grad school... We spent an entire day at the waterfalls. They were better than I remembered from my last trip. Jackie got to chase iguanas and I introduced her to extreme cliff jumping. You run off the top of a waterfall and plunge 40 ft. into the pool below. Awesomeness. And Jackie has a nasty bruise covering her butt and leg to prove it. I guess there is some skill involved in the sport after all...water entry is crucial! Somehow I came out of it without a marking. And I managed to have an 1/2 hour conversation with a tico! I don't think he realized that I only got about a 1/3 of what her was saying but enough to carry on.
We came back to Ciudad Colon just in time for me to cram write two papers for the end of my class. After class, which was the professors last one at UPeace :( he decided to throw us a party! We were a class of 7 girls so you can't really blame him! So we got to go to his amazing house in Santa Ana and eat homemade pizza and drink Chilean wine. He showed us all his herb gardens as well as his shop where he makes all sorts of amazing art and brushes up on the 5 languages he speaks! Man I have a lot to learn....
Jackie's last day in CC was complete with a trip to the fresh farmers market, swimming in a rainstorm at the town pool, and a trip to the karaoke bar! We butchered Friends in Low Places but got a healthy dose of laughing!
Pictures here
0 comments:
Post a Comment