Monday, January 4, 2010

OH TEN!!

It's a new year and that means new TO-DO lists are in order. One of the many things on my list, BLOG more! I'd say I'm off to a good start, one post a week into 2010....

but to right a wrong so quickly pointed out by MOM in my last post, perhaps the most important event of the fall was a visit from the one and only M-O-M. I was simply waiting to GMST and upload my photos before posting...

The end of 2009 finished strong with a few snow storms, rock band sessions lasting till 4am, a trip home for Christmas, and sparkly silver shoes for my favorite almost 3 year old.


Before looking forward into 2010, I thought a nice recap of 2009 would be appropriate (perhaps more for my sake than yours so feel free to skip ahead to 2010).

2009 began with sleep. After returning from a year in Costa Rica at 9pm on New Years Eve, I was exhausted and went to bed before the new year had even begun. But the rest of the year was much less dormant! I...
  • Officially became a pescatarian,
  • spent my last semster at American with amazing friends, great classes, and memories that will last a lifetime,
  • finished my thesis, albeit a little late (and have just recieved word that a part of it will be published in the American Journal of International Service),
  • graduated with 2 Masters degrees,
  • landed a job before graduating thus allowing a 1 month trip to Guatemala followed by a 1 month trip home,
  • began work in August and learned how to dress like a "young professional" (now I save the down vests and sweatpants for the evenings and weekends),
  • spent weekends visiting Cape Cod, San Fransisco, and the sites around DC (many of them malls in order to fulfill the previous bullet).

And with a little luck and some personal motivation, I expect that 2010 will be an even better year full of new challenges and surprises. To start things of right, I have made a few "goals" for myself this year.

  • Learn to Sew! sewing classes begin sometime in February.
  • Run, Run, Run! and to ensure that I do so, I have signed up for a half marathon in October.
  • Become a better photographer. classes and practice are in order, and perhaps some photoshoping skills...
  • Español, Español, Español!!
  • learn to be a better phone talker in order to keep in touch with all the wonderful people in my life that live so far away.
  • always take as many trips as possible.
  • Only buy things that I absolutely love, and not just because they are on SALE! (this might be the toughest...)

And while I am sure there will be more goals to come, as new beginnings go, this is where I'll start! Be good to me O Ten!

1 comments:

ACE said...

SSSOOO how is your to-do list coming along?!?!? i forgot to ask you about it today :-)