This morning I woke up and there was a double rainbow outside my room. Good way to start the day. Then it was off to our first day of orientation....which means we sat in a room and struggled to stay awake while they spat useless information at us. The campus is beautiful. The universidad para la paz is small and unique with only 150 students and an open air cafeteria overlooking the mountains.
The afternoon consisted of a hike to el mirrador where we had a view of ciudad colon and the surrounding valley. It was gorgeous. And in the distance, we could just see the Pacific Ocean. Now I just need to get there...
The bad news is I found out one of the stores in town, which has a random collection of food and stuff such as blenders and imitation tang, is owned by walmart. Ugh.
0 comments:
Post a Comment