Saturday, January 5, 2008

Bienvenidos a Costa Rica

Woo hoo. I have arrived. Costa Rica. The next year of my life is bound to be filled with warm sandy beaches, perfect waves, tropical beverages, and bountiful rainforest's....oh wait, I am here for school. So I guess I'll have to throw in some books, thesis prep, internship stress, and paper writing as well. After random throat disease number 2, (much less life inhibiting but equally as annoying as throat disease number 1) it feels great to be embarking on a new life journey.

Until the work begins...I am ready to enjoy paradise. I arrived in CR last night, went through a nonchalant customs process, I literally could have brought anything into this country, and caught a cab to my lovely abode about 20 minutes southwest of San Jose in Ciudad Colon. Fortunately, I had the landlords number written down and through some broken Spanish got the cab driver to call him so that we could locate my house. Otherwise, I would still be on the street looking for it. They have no house numbers or street names here. I live 75 meters from a landmark store.

Today we went to the farmers market in town. Delicious fresh fruit and vegetables. We have an avocado, grapefruit, lemon, and lime tree in our back yard. More to come...

3 comments:

ritodhi chakraborty said...

Look who's gotta blog....tight picture .....party extra for me and do some dancing on the counter...

Anonymous said...

My first blog reading or comment. Not sure I like going out to the world like this but I have to say that your song is well chosen and you ARE anything but ordinary. (Of course look who your mom is!!!!) And the one in a million from 2001 still stands. I will share my songs from when I was your age with you someday. LOVE you

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear you made it there safe, it sounds beautiful! I can't wait to hear of all your adventures. It was so nice to see you last week! Take good care of yourself!