The much awaited San Jose rock gym. Or shall we call it rock wall. Or actually, just a bouldering cave in a sketchy warehouse. But a good time nonetheless. And a great resource for the outdoor climbing spots in CR. We are hoping to turn the two first timers into lovers of the sport. So far they claim that they would rather be surfing...and even though I love climbing, I am not sure I can blame them.
Apart from wanting to climb and scope out the Costa Rican climbing potential, the trip was our first bus venture into San Jose. We ran into our neighbor at the bus stop who got us on the right bus, and told us how to navigate the city. The gym was about 10 blocks from the bus station and we were informed it was WAY too far to walk. We walked anyways. In reality, it took about 10 minutes. I think this is because our neighbor is a pot head.
After climbing, we did some browsing in the shops. Cowboy boots are a big hit in this area. We reckon we can get a killer pair for roughly 50 USDs. A steal of a deal. So anyone who wants some boots...come visit. I am scoping out my perfect pair.
We recently discovered a small ant problem in our house :( But we also just bought two hammocks for the side yard :) It's a world of give and take down here.
I started a Web album at the request of some avid readers to see more photos. So check them out here.
0 comments:
Post a Comment