The three amigas trip has officially begun, although for this first leg it has been four amigos, which doesn´t ring quite as well. We will have to work on a new name. But we are glad to have Leon along to scare off snakes that might be in our path. Katie, Cristina, and I are currently in Mal Pais/Santa Teresa at the beach! We are camping right on the beach. It´s awesome. We fall asleep to the sounds of the ocean and wake up with sand everywhere, but we love it! The campground is close to an awesome hostel, casa zen, that we stayed at the first night so we have continued to use their sparkling clean bathrooms and hang out in their comfy dining area. It´s the best of both worlds. Apart from a minor rainstorm last night, the weather has been amazing. I found out that my tent, unlike the one Katie and Cristina are using, is excellently waterproof! Thanks Micah!
We have spent the last three days on the beach, working on our surfing skills, both on surf boards and body suring. According the Leon, the surf expert of the group, the waves are amazing here. For us, we tend to get toppled more often than not so we are happy that they are¨´forgiving´waves, whatever that means. When we are not in the water, we are relaxing in our campsite, aka the beach, listening to some groovy tunes on our beach speakers. They were and amazing 8 dollar investment. Despite my hectic schedule here at the beach, I think my Spanish is improving. I am being forced to be the talker of the group and I just make Cristina listen because when I ask a question, I ususally miss most of the answer which kind of defeats the purpose. Out daily Spanish hour is growing to a few hours at a time and we are working up to a whole day. It might be a day where I don´t say much...
We will camp here one more night and then its off to Monteverde to hike and jump off waterfalls! We have meet heaps of people so far. Two guys that have been traveling in a volkswagon van for 5 months driving down from Cali through Mexico and Latin America to get here. One of them is coming to UPeace in the fall so we already have a new friend. Their trip sounds amazing! I think I may have new plans for after graduation...Do I have to pay my loans back if I am out of the country?
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment