Monday, February 11, 2008

Never ending asia party


A group of UPeace students from Manila University in the Philippines are leaving UPeace to return to their home institution next week. So what do we do? Throw a party!!! The never ending Asia party started right after class at 1 and went all evening. We played games from all over Asia and by the way, I kick ass at sack racing! The favorite game was kabaddi from India and involved tackling people, sitting on people, and all the while saying kabaddi kabaddi kabaddi over and over again. It was intense.

Then we ate food from all over Asia. The 28 students all cooked different traditional dishes and so we had quite the feast! I don't know what half the things I ate were, but they tasted good. The students shared photos and stories from their countries. My favorite was this amazing video, of dancers that are deaf and dumb yet manage to preform this masterpiece. It's unbelievable. Remember, they can't hear or speak!

1 comments:

Annie & Jason said...

Thanks for posting that video. Now I know where to send some of my kiddos if they don't make it here in America ;) Hope you are well.