When we returned in the afternoon, we went to yet another birthday party complete with a pool for chicken fighting and a delicious BBQ. The great thing about UPeace parties is that they are always unique. This one included a belly dancing show by fellow students.
Today was the orange festival in Ciudad Colon. There was a parade, which consisted of 1000 horses storming down the main street with drunk men on their backs. And there were street vendors, Costa Rican cowboys, and music galore. Although, despite all this, my highlight of the weekend was a trip to the river just outside of town. We discovered a waterfall that has a perfect pool for swimming, a perfect cliff for jumping, and a perfect rock for climbing. It's pretty much the sweetest place ever. And I can walk there :) Photos are posted.
Update on Redford: We caught him and released him outside. However, since his release, there has been another sighting. Hence, we have concluded that there may be more than one Redford. The mystery of enormous amounts of poop has been solved.
This weekend has also brought about a new skill. I cut hair. My roommate wanted a chop so I figured why not. And I must say, it turned out quite well. It's not only straight, but layered as well. Now I have something to fall back on if the skeptics are right and all our environmental problems are solved with the 'cooling' of the earth. Phew.
0 comments:
Post a Comment