Sunday, February 3, 2008

Free Boobs

This weekend I decided to put aside my new nickname, abuelita, and go out for a night on the town. I prefer the title of 'responsible and sensible' but in this house if you go to bed before midnight, you are the 'little grandma'. So it was a big event when we headed into San Jose for a night out at about 11PM. We went to El Pueblo, an area of souvenir shops by day, but the local party scene at night with at least 10 different bars, food vendors galore, and decked out ticos all around. The first bar greeted us with this lovely sign....



The gist of what it says is that there will be a raffle on Thursdays and Fridays for free breast impants. Degrading?

One night out was enough to learn that despite the atrocity that is American dancing, Costa Rica has us beat. Not only do they let people who look like they are 12 into the bars, they then proceed to hold contests on stage for people who can dance out the most sex positions. This gives the hired and scantily dressed bar dancers a quick break. They need it since the party lasts until 5am. And yet despite an initial shock and awe reflex, the evening was quite enjoyable. Enough so that I will likely retire my abuelita name once again and venture back to see what the next months raffle will be for...I'm hoping for some botox.

1 comments:

ritodhi chakraborty said...

stay away from those boobs, our friendship depends on it....