Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Craziness that is my Life

The highlight of the day is a tough call at the moment. And its only half way over...I am debating between giving a class presentation barefoot and discovering a swimming hole on the way back from campus. For those of you who know how much I love swimming in rivers, you should also know how much I dislike shoes. I guess this is what is meant by the little things that make you happy. Being in DC next year with the snow is going to be a hard reality for my feet and my newly tanned skin.

Tonight we are throwing a birthday party for Ida! Which means rainbow chip cake with rainbow chip frosting! And a chance to hang out with more crazy UPeace students. And tomorrow a professor is throwing a party....and he is supplying the booze :) And Sunday, Dona Luz, a lady that lives in our compound is throwing a party. With a Marimba band!! Perhaps I can show them my skills. Plus I have another field trip on Saturday. This time to a nearby volcano. It's going to be a busy weekend. I haven't even planned in the going out in San Jose and trips to the pool, perhaps to meet up with Javier. Good thing my paper that WAS due on Monday has just been extended to Thursday. I am writing about the effect of GMOs on ecological processes. Fascinating. UPeace 'deadlines' are starting to fit in well with my life. I will be finishing the paper just in time to take off on a three week trip around Costa Rica with two of my roomies. And we just discovered a mango tree in our yard. Life is good.

2 comments:

Annie & Jason said...

not too shabby...not too shabby at all. sounds like you are in paradise! miss you!

ritodhi chakraborty said...

damn....i work 40 hours a week

:(