Other important events of the day...I found out Jaime has been holding out on us. He used to run marathons in 3 hours, was an elected politician, and he swims laps with a snorkel mask on. Classic. We also went to the outdoor market this morning and bought heaps of tomatoes, cilantro, peppers, and onions for about 2$...so I'm off to make some pico de gallo. YUM. Does anyone know why they use the word gallo, meaning rooster, in the names of several different non-rooster containing foods down here? hmm....
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Loving Language
I have met my first Latin Love. His name is Javier. He is 12. While hanging out at the local pool today, he noticed my sleek dives and fluid free stroke. He asked to race and we instantly bonded. Well..as mush as you can bond in two different languages. My friend Jaime was our translator and Javier kept asking if I was flirting with him. Adorable. And when I asked him why he didn't have a girlfriend...he said because he was too little and short. I always seem to find the short men. Javier comes from a family of 13 kids and his favorite subject is guitar. Maybe by next weekend I will know enough Spanish to ask him to write as song for me. I have decided that talking to kids is the best way to practice the language because (1) they don't laugh at me, (2) they speak slow enough for me to understand, and (3) they think its fun because they know so much more than me.

Other important events of the day...I found out Jaime has been holding out on us. He used to run marathons in 3 hours, was an elected politician, and he swims laps with a snorkel mask on. Classic. We also went to the outdoor market this morning and bought heaps of tomatoes, cilantro, peppers, and onions for about 2$...so I'm off to make some pico de gallo. YUM. Does anyone know why they use the word gallo, meaning rooster, in the names of several different non-rooster containing foods down here? hmm....
Other important events of the day...I found out Jaime has been holding out on us. He used to run marathons in 3 hours, was an elected politician, and he swims laps with a snorkel mask on. Classic. We also went to the outdoor market this morning and bought heaps of tomatoes, cilantro, peppers, and onions for about 2$...so I'm off to make some pico de gallo. YUM. Does anyone know why they use the word gallo, meaning rooster, in the names of several different non-rooster containing foods down here? hmm....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment